- Sinaya Journal is open ONLY to Senior High School (SHS) students and teachers from schools all over the Philippines. It only publishes manuscripts or capstone projects done in SHS under the following themes: 1) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); 2) Accountancy, Business, and Management (ABM); and, 3) Humanities, Social Sciences, and the Arts (HUMSS&A).
- Submission must be original and must not have been previously published nor under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- A collaboration between student/s and teacher/s is required. A minimum of one student and faculty is expected.
- Authors are required to follow the Sinaya Journal Template. The format can be found on this URL: http://bit.ly/SinayaJournalTemplate The file must be submitted in a .doc or .docx.
- Manuscripts should be from 5,000 to 10,000 words, including acknowledgments, references, tables, and figures, and must be written in English or Filipino.
- A brief abstract (not exceeding 250 words) should be included before the main text of the paper along with up to five key words. A bionote also of not more than 50 words must accompany each article submission.
- Manuscripts must use the style guidelines of the American Psychological Association (APA, 7th Edition).
- Photos should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Authors must provide copyright permissions for all photos and materials that are not their own.
- Authors must accomplish the submission form through this link: http://bit.ly/SinayaSubmission.
- Manuscripts will undergo preliminary screening by the Managing Editors. The originality of the submitted manuscripts will be evaluated using Turnitin. Thus, the Editorial Board may exercise its prerogative to reject manuscript without a peer review especially if the manuscript is not compliant with the Journal format and scope.
- Manuscripts that successfully passed the screening will undergo a double-blind review process.
- A Notice of Acceptance or Non-Acceptance will be sent by the Managing Editor to the official contact person’s email address.
- Manuscripts do not represent the views of the editors and the three La Salle Schools. Opinions expressed and the accuracy of facts published rest solely on the authors.
- Further inquiries shall be directed to the Journal Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ethics and Publication
SINAYA is committed to meet the highest ethical standards in academic research and publication. The journal follows these principles to guide its publication process and standards:
Responsibilities of the Author. Author is expected to prepare his/her manuscripts for a blind review. The author must ensure that the work being submitted is original and is not plagiarized. The sources that the author shall use are supposed to be properly cited. By submitting an article or a manuscript to SINAYA, the author should not have the article or manuscript under review by any other journal or publication. Should the author wish to withdraw the submission, he or she may inform the editors of SINAYA that the article or manuscript is being withdrawn. Should the article or manuscript be in review in another journal or publication, SINAYA will discontinue any review or publication process currently engaged in the submission.
Responsibilities of the Blind Reviewers. The blind reviewers nominated by SINAYA’s Editorial Board are experts and practitioners in their field of specialization. The reviewers assist the Editorial Board’s decision to accept, revise, resubmit, or reject the articles or manuscripts that are submitted to SINAYA. The reviewers should keep the review process of the submissions confidential during the entire review process. The reviewer must inform the Editorial Board whenever a legal violation is committed by the author of the submission. The reviewer must review the manuscript based solely on its academic merit and shall not be prejudiced behind its political views, gender, sexuality, or religious orientation.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board is responsible for preparing the manuscripts for blind peer-review as well as implementing the decision to accept or reject a manuscript based on the recommendations of the reviewers. The Editorial Board is responsible for communicating the status of the submission to the author. The Editorial Board may choose to reject a paper that violates legal provisions on libel, copyrights, and originality (i.e. plagiarism). All information regarding a manuscript under review must remain confidential until it is finally accepted for publication. While authors and contributors may have certain views that they might want to advance in their publication, SINAYA’s Editorial Board does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in the articles published in the journal. SINAYA does not have any fees or charges levied upon the contributors and authors that wish to publish with the journal. There will be no processing fee, publication fee, or any fees involved in the process and phases of the journal’s publication. The journal is free for everyone to access.